Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:12:20 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:14:57 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Michael wrote:

I could, but I don't need it and I don't have the room. I already
have a Dewalt compound miter saw mounted to accommodate long pieces
for those kinds of cuts, and I use the table saw and a circular saw
and guide for wider boards.

IMHO you should just stay with what you have and avoid the additional
clutter of a tool you probably won't use any more than to just say
you used it. As for your original question - well advice is worth
pretty much what you pay for it, and as far as I know, there aren't
even any lawyers in this group, so any advice you're likely to get
is likely to be worth what you paid for it. I doubt you'd be liable
but I'm no lawyer so what do I really know? People sell stuff every
day - cars, tools, etc. that the buyer goes out and gets hurt with.
Can't say as I've ever heard the private sell held liable, but...

One thing that DOES happen is someone sells a homebuilt airplane,
the new pilot crashes it, and they come back on the builder - even if
he was 2 or 3 owners back. They seldom win, but the often try!!!

I'm guessing that's because it's a regulated industry?

Anyone can sue. ...for pretty much any fool reason.