Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:14:57 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Michael wrote:

I could, but I don't need it and I don't have the room. I already
have a Dewalt compound miter saw mounted to accommodate long pieces
for those kinds of cuts, and I use the table saw and a circular saw
and guide for wider boards.

IMHO you should just stay with what you have and avoid the additional
clutter of a tool you probably won't use any more than to just say you used
it. As for your original question - well advice is worth pretty much what
you pay for it, and as far as I know, there aren't even any lawyers in this
group, so any advice you're likely to get is likely to be worth what you
paid for it. I doubt you'd be liable but I'm no lawyer so what do I really
know? People sell stuff every day - cars, tools, etc. that the buyer goes
out and gets hurt with. Can't say as I've ever heard the private sell held
liable, but...

Of course no one can say whether he'd be held liable or not (courts
can do just about anything - and do) but in reality, that's what
liability insurance is for and why I carry a million dollar umbrella.
It may not cover someone burning their lip on a cup of coffee but it
will get the insurance company interested in defending me.