Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. is offline

Default Rotel RCD-855 Help Needed

In article ,
says...

when I first powered it up, no sound from the right channel. found one of the two fuses for the right channel blown. installed another fuse and that's when I get a huge, instant, large blast of tone. that was with volume at zero. shut everything off, check all connections, removed right speaker's grille. switch everything on again, another blast of tone, see the woofer extend about 3/4" and stay there until I switched off again. Measured the DC offset (at speaker

connectors of amp) as written up on Audiokarma. Left channel ~ 9 millivolts. Right channel ` 46 (forty-six) volts!

Sounds like a good avalanche!

Jamie