Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

Michael wrote in
:

Related question. I bought an old Dewalt RAS for 40 bucks from a guy
because he appeared to need the money. It does not have a blade or
table, and I'm not sure how much work needs to be put into it. My
question: If I give it away, am I liable in any way in case it is
dangerous? Am I better off setting it by the curb for the trash guys,
and even there, should I render it unusable?

I know a guy named Mike Wilson... He plays hockey. Any chance you'd happen
to be the same guy? (If 4-4, 3-3, 9-0, 4-1, mean something to you, shoot
me an e-mail.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.