Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking at buying a RAS

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
b.com...
I'm looking at buying a used DeWalt RAS. It's definately quite old, but
those DeWalts have a reputation for top quality. What should I be looking
for in evaluating the saw?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

I have a 230V RAS, and I almost never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever
ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever
ever ever ever ever ever use it. Ok, it makes a fair to crappy extra table
to store stuff on. If I took the saw and arm off of it then it would make a
better table. So I guess I always use it. As a flat surface to store stuff
on.

I use my contractor table saw almost everyday when I am in the shop, and
usually a couple times a week even if I am working mostly in the field. A
larger blade larger table cabinet saw would be handy when working a lot with
it, but the contractor saw stores out of the way easier when not using it,
and allows for quickly moving it out of the way even if its not used for
just a little while.