Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Looking at buying a RAS

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I'm looking at buying a used DeWalt RAS. It's definately quite old, but
those DeWalts have a reputation for top quality. What should I be looking
for in evaluating the saw?

Puckdropper

Something to thing about. Is it going to be your primary tool for cutting?

If not, do you have the room to dedicate to it?

I started with a RAS and built quite a bit of furniture with it. We still
use a dresser that I built. 3 years later I added a Craftsman 1 hp TS and
"never" used the RAS again. 3-4 years later I got rid of the RAS and have
never missed it. 17 years later I upgraded the TS to a cabinet saw. When I
did that my CMS saw the same as the old RAS. I still have the CMS but have
not used it in the shop since 1999.