Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
robobass robobass is offline

Default The Reality Of How BobCADCAM Does Business

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2014 20:41:33 UTC+2 schrieb jon_banquer:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/45645061/C...ses-on-the-Job

First of all, this case is from five years ago, and it's seemingly the only one. I don't know about the Scientology connection. I would likely not have purchased V26 had I known about it, but don't see convincing evidence for this anyway. As for usefulness, I used v16 in the late '90s with a Bridgeport machine. It wasn't fancy, but it mostly got the job done, and was like $200. I now have layed out $1K for v26 + BobArt. I've yet to attach a machine and create toolpaths, but on the drawing side I find it acceptable. Yes, if there is a scientology and sexual harassment component, then beware. But, how many of you out there tank with oil from BP or Exxon? Is there a list of CadCam companies which rates them as to workplace fairness? How do you know that SolidPro exec's aren't banging secretaries on promises of promotions?