Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Clamp a board to a railing - quick and removable - how?

alan wrote:
On 28/06/2014 17:41, wrote:
I want to clamp a piece of board across the railings at the front of
our little boat so I can mount a small vice on it. I don't want this
to be permanent, just for use when I need it.

Can anyone suggest quick and easy clamp/unclamp devices that can be
mounted on a piece of board (probably a 1" thick plank) to hold it
down at either end to a round railing (probably a bit more than 1"
diameter)? The railing won't run across the board at right angles,
more like 45 degrees.

I guess a pair of exhaust clamps (or similar, smaller, U-bolts) with
wing nuts would do it. Can anyone think of anything quicker and/or
more elegant?

Two planks one either side of the railing and a couple of long bolts +
nuts through the centre.

Now that's neat, I hadn't thought of that at all, thanks.

--
Chris Green
ยท