Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Kraus[_2_] Larry Kraus[_2_] is offline

Default craftsman excalibur 8" dado ???

On 6/27/2014 10:31 PM, OFWW wrote:

If I am not mistaken that is a dual blade designed to open like a
"V" adjustable to your width. Good old Norm used the same type of
Dado blade in a 10" size. I've been looking for on for years. It
appeared to make clean cuts.

It was my understanding that a single blade set off camber was a
wobble blade.

I have the 10" adjustable (twin blade) Excalibur. I'd consider it a
wobbler. The dado bottoms it creates are not flat, but curved, so glued
joints are weaker and it leaves a gap if the ends of the dado are
exposed. It is nearly impossible to set a repeatable (or precise) width,
as it changes with the tightness of the arbor nut. I'd suggest you
quit looking for one and get a real stacked dado set.