Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Pour thin slab over existing sidewalk?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 22:56:17 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

Will you be pouring the adjacent slabs at the same time you pour these
2 inches?

No, I like to pour every other slab first, then come back and pour the
remaining slabs later. It's just easier for me to handle that way in the
confined area between the house and garage.

I ask because if even one square on each side were poured at the same
time, it would hold the 2" addition in more tightly.

One might even be able to run rebar though the 2" part to the 6" part.

Not that I've done this. My only experience with rebar was putting it
down for an interstate highway, and I haven't been back to see how well
everything lasted.

That's the method I used on the opposite side of the garage and it worked
great.

The pro's would probably do it all in one pour. I'm not a pro.

Thanks,

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com