Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/29/2014 10:29 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:57:08 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't know. I'd dare to guess you will go through
rear axles and transmissions at rapid rate. Rented
truck might be best.

Why would that be? They are built for "work" use in a

truck. I'm a farm boy fro wayi back and don't ever recall
us losing an axle or tranny even driving the old junkers
we used to (first one was a 34 chev 1 1/2 ton. I have been
hauling overloads of firewood on my 62 1/2 ton, 68 1/2 ton
(both junked due to worn out motors) and currently 89 F150
since 1976 with no tranny/axle problems.

Mountain roads? Spent two years hauling up to 7ton loads

up down a 7 mile mountain grade with 8 and 9% grades with a
KB5, no problems.

Harry K

I'm glad you've had a good experience. Mine,
not as good. I seldom do hills, but each of
my vehicles has needed a TX or clutch at
some point.

--
..
Christopher A. Young