Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

bob haller wrote:

So the neighbors got together and paid to have one super deep well drilled
sharing the costs, and one neighbor used his backhoe to dig and install
water lines to the 7 or 8 homes in the group. he didnt have to pay for the
drilling.

That might work. I learned about altruism early. We had a shallow well, as
did the neighbor. When his well went dry, my father and I helped him dig a
new one. When ours went dry and I was down in the cellar with a sledge
hammer sinking a point, I don't remember Sandy even showing up with a cold
beer.