Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default ooo...ooo...ooo...a new toy in Sketchup

On 6/29/2014 1:01 PM, dadiOH wrote:

I often want to view bits and pieces so I put like things on a layer. Works
fine for me except when I get most all drawn and want to drill down to, say,
the plinths...lots of layers to turn on/off. I guess groups could work but
I've never much messed with them.

Enter "Scenes". I'm sure they are old hat to many of you but they are new
to me and they are a godsend. Now I can have a scene with all doors closed,
another with all (or some) open; I can have one with just the guts. It is
WONDERFUL and all is right with the world

Yep ... Layers, assigned to Scenes, are key to making "Presentations" in
Sketchup, even if it's just for your benefit.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net