Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/28/2014 12:18 PM, DannyD. wrote:

I just got an update from the divorced lady. She is
contracting out to get her rather shallow (only 300 feet)
well drilled deeper. The next in line is a lady whose
husband recently died, and her house is under foreclosure.

CY: Since no one in the area has water, maybe that's a
waste of money, to drill deeper into dry earth?

Her well (as is mine) is tripping every few minutes, so,
she's conserving water (as am I) and hoping the water supply
lasts until the next forcasted rain (which will come in
October or November).

CY: That's a long time to wait.

As for me, I filled the pool, so, "my" supply, while intermittent,
was good enough to last, but, there are vineyards here which
must be using a LOT of water ... so it may simply be a matter
of location.

CY: Wonder if the vineyards people would consider some
money to divert the water to local homes?

I don't know, but, for me, and for those without the ready
capital to drill deeper, I'd go for the temporary solution of
trucking the water up the hill.

CY: Might be the answer. Sounds like it would be
rough on the vehicles, drivers, etc.

The sloshing tipping over the truck seems to me to be a very
real concern that I hadn't considered, because, there is no
guardrail, and you're going down a slope that doesn't end
for thousands of vertical feet, so, it would behoove us to
better understand the sloshing effect on a pickup truck filled
with a 1,000 gallons of water in a tank.

CY: Worth knowing. I've heard that full tank is
much less of an issue.