Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 6/28/2014 11:26 AM, Harry K wrote:
become more standardized over the years. My advice is make sure you
know what threads are on the hydrant(s) you would use.

Good luck.

That bit the city fire department badly. about 4am one night

the city fire department garage caught fire (later determined to
be caused by a plugged in extension cord hanging over a nail).
All the trucks were inside and could not be gotten out...except
one, the antique "Wimpy", a truck from the 20s or 30s stored in
another shed. Fully operational and full of vintage equipment...
none that was of any use as the connections did not mate up with
the fire hydrants. We lost the garage and all fire department
equipment. By the time other agencies got there all they could
do was keep the fire from spreading.

Harry K

That is seriously tragic. I bet a lot of FF were crying
into their beer that night.

--
..
Christopher A. Young