Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Sanding parts in a "corral": Seems to work OK so far (Video link)

On 6/28/2014 9:46 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
Per the advice I got here, I decided to use three sanders - one for
each grit - to sand the many small parts of my current project.

Per my own stubbornness, I ignored several suggestions for how to
immobilize groups of pieces for sanding and went with my own idea; a
four-sided "corral" made of thinner stock than the pieces to be
sanded.
It's working pretty well so far, especially after I made a small tweak
on the second run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrc0...ature=youtu.be

Looks good Greg. Did you try just going with the 180 first? And... did you
try going from the 120 orbital straight to the 180?

No, and no. This is Lowe's-issue 1x2 and 1x3 oak with visible plane
ridges. I was advised here to start at around 120. Plywood made up the
bulk of my previous projects, so I don't have much experience of my own
to go on.

---