Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Folding Chair pics, especially for CSonny

"Bill" wrote

Thank you for your analysis. As no one is trying to keep it a secret, I'm
surprised the design is not more well-known. If nothing more, I've proved
that I actually saw the chair I described 2 years ago! Maybe not as
clearly as you see it.... : ) By the way, opening and closing the chair
is practically effortless, as it should be. However, it is not what I
would call light-weight. I think it's heavier than it appears.

I thought about the weight, too. It does look very heavy.

I think the big attractiveness is that it is cheap (compared to folding
metal chairs) and easy to build. Also very stackable. I can imagine 6 or
so guys getting together and building a few hundred of those in a day or
two... If they did some good production techniques, and had the room for
all of the stock. Just what you need if you are putting on a music festival
or something like that.
--
Jim in NC

---