Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default T 1-11 Siding application

http://www.watsondiy.com/2003house.htm

Great video and nice pictures.

Thanks!

I love the open shower in the bathroom.
Is there no toilet in that room?

The toilet is behind the door on the right, as you walk into the master
bath.

Our shower is 6'x6' with a shower head and valve on each wall of the back
corner. The entire bathroom has a waterproofing membrane, so no door or
shower curtain is needed.

We framed the shower floor 2" lower so the mud bed can slope down from the
rest of the bathroom floor. This allows proper drainage without needing a
curb to contain the water.

We built our house with the intent to stay here the rest of our lives. So
we tried to design it with wheelchair access in mind. Single level home,
36" doors throughout, and no shower curb. We would still need to build a
ramp on the exterior of the building if it ever comes to that, but the
inside is mostly ready to go.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com