Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Mouse traps

Doug Miller wrote:
KenK wrote in
:

I'm not having much success luring poor innocent mice into my cruel
old- fashioned mousetrap with a trigger and spring-loaded bale. I've
tried raw bacon for bail with slight success, peanut butter with
none. I've tried a newer trap that lets them in but not out. Worked
once over many years.

Mice are, by nature, herbivores, so one should not expect much
success with bacon. And they
can lick peanut butter off without springing the trap.

Try a raisin. Mash it onto the bait pan, don't just lay it there.
Mice cannot tug it off of the bait pan without springing the trap. My
success rate using raisins for bait is 100%.

+1