Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default T 1-11 Siding application

"HerHusband" wrote in message

I live in Washington State also. We used rough sawn plywood (basically T-
111 without the grooves) when we built our house back in 2003/2004:

http://www.watsondiy.com/2003house.htm

You did a HELLUVA job!!

Nice having an apparently knowledgeable co-worker too. My wife helps -
fetches stuff...cleans grout sponges...holds while I nail...etc. - but has
never quite grasped concepts

A question about your shower tile. I'm going to be doing one pretty soon,
want to use black tile, preferably 6x6. It seems to be getting scarce; for
example, I am told that Florida Tile has totally discontinued wall tile.
What I CAN find is much more expensive per sq.ft. than floor tiles. OK, I
could use the larger floor tiles, I don't mind cutting, but trim tiles can
be scarce. And expensive.

I see that your shower wall tiles are butted to wood. All sides? If not,
how did you handle the edge? Same question for the edge between the tub
platform and black tile.

--

dadiOH