Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to insulate around house drain on basement wall

I'm planning to insulate my basement walls with 2" polystyrene foam boards glued against the concrete walls (+ stud wall in front of that, + drywall for fire barrier). Any suggestions of what to do when I get to the house drain against the wall? It's in the middle of a wall so not like I can just ignore it in an unfinished corner closet.

photo: http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4953d6fd.jpg

And, I'm not comfortable with the idea of these boards and finished drywall beneath the pipes because, if I ever have to use the cleanouts. it'll be a hideous messy disaster.

All suggestions appreciated.
Someone must have dealt with this situation somewhere before!?!

Thanks,
Theodore