Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default how much concrete?

"Robert Green" wrote in message
That makes sense. It's a tough tradeoff, though. Having done it, I
wouldn't want to jackass so many bags again. A lot depends on the locale,
though. I called a lot of places and there was a substantial difference
in
the end price depending on the vendor.

How long ago was this? Nowadays they have these huge concrete pumper
trucks
that can get concrete a long ways onto your property without having to
drive
onto it (which a lot of them won't do because of the damage potential).
Clearly that "last 100 feet" problem is a big issue for people doing small
projects that want to use a commercial service.

I wonder if you can arrange a cheaper price if you're willing to have them
deliver it whenever it's convenient for them? There must be times where
they have to dump unused concrete before it hardens and they might as well
make some $ for it.

When I needed the concrete it was about 10 years ago. I am sure they had
the pumper trucks then,but they would have needed to pump it about 200 feet.
More in the pipe than I would have used.

The rocks that would have been excess to the needs could be piled up
somewhere and saved, concrete won't save.

Sometimes it is a trade off for what you want , what you can get and if you
have a place for the excess.