Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pace desolder handpiece.

In article ,
Theo Markettos wrote:
Nick Odell wrote:
Because I've not yet looked into selling things on Amazon or eBay I
don't know how true it is but I have heard it said that, if you have
no stock of something, it is cheaper, or maybe easier, to ammend the
price of the thing you haven't got to such a level that nobody would
try and buy this out-of-stock item from you, then ammend it back down
again when you have got this product back on your shelves, than to
delist and then relist the item on the website.

Yes. If it's a long running listing (and meet other criteria), the
listing does better in search results. If they pull the listing they
lose the history and the listing isn't as easily found. Hence the
incentive to not de-list items that are out of stock.

Ah. Wondered why they did this. Thanks.

--
Small asylum seeker wanted as mud flap, must be flexible and willing to travel

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.