Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default T 1-11 Siding application

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:38:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
We have a 400 foot building that we refer to as the back house. It has
electrical, phone, heat and a fireplace. No plumbing. The idiots who
owned this house before built it and much like everything else they did,
they screwed this up as well. I think.

Hi,
And you bought the place? Screwed up place? Back house is screwed up? what
else? Sounds like the structure is in unfinished stage from the original
plan whatever it was. Maybe it meant to be a guest house when
finished. My daughter's second house in the Rockies has a fully finished
structure like that. Just like one bedroom apartment. When folks come
visit, they stay there comfortably.

Everything about this place is screwed up. The guy who did the inspection
on it did us no favors. He said things were fine when they weren't. Roof
stapled on. Every time we had hard wind, shingles blew off. Plumbing
problems galore. Something badly wrong in the kitchen but unless we open
the wall up, we won't know what. Plumbers have said that either they
dropped something in the pipe, jugging it up or it makes a sharp turn.
Either way, the kitchen sink is very prone to clogs. I've been told not to
use the garbage disposal at all.

Electrical all messed up. Not sure why. Neither the electrician nor Mr.
Handyman could figure that out. But Mr. Handyman at least cut the power to
one outlet and that keeps the GFI from tripping.

We also have standing water under the house.

People have been known to sue their home inspector, and those with a
good case have won.

I don't know what all a home inspector is obligated to find, but surely
some of these things.