Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Opinions Wanted - Trestle Table

"Sonny" wrote in message

System3 recommends their epoxy not be used on green or wet wood. I
suppose I'll have to figure out something else to, maybe end up cutting
the crack out and gluing, unless I wait until it dries. I'm wondering,
since the inside of the crack has strands of split wood and other
"entrapments", the epoxy may/will do the job, despite the wood being
green or wet.

I wouldn't worry about any "entrapments", they just get encapsulated. Do
brush out as much as possible any visual rot but, again, any that remains
will be encapsulated and you should be able to remove enough of the visible
that the filler retains a good bond.

Can't speak about the green but if it has been cut for a year or more I
wouldn't worry about it.

The table looks much better wider, still don't like the down angle at one
end of one of the foot slabs.

--

dadiOH