Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default camera battery

In message , fred writes
In article , Ian Jackson
writes
In message , michael adams
writes

"Ian Jackson" wrote in

message

For me, Google seems to have become almost unusable. There now seems
to be no way of
turning off the once-optional 'predictive text' function (well, you
can try, but it has
no effect).

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?complete=0

https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0

Any good ?

Perfect. Thanks
Interesting.

I like Google, but I do have the others - none of which seems to suffer
from Googol's obsession with predictive searching.

The predictive searching on that and other sites is javascript based so
if you have a browser for basic work with javascript disabled then you
avoid many annoying intrusions.

Noted. Thanks. Also works.

Here I have Opera for basic work with javascript (and certain other
fussy stuff) turned off and I use firefox for other stuff that requires
it enabled.

I deliberately installed an older version of Firefox (v21.0) as it
gives you greater control of what runs in your browser (it can disable
javascript easily if you so choose (later versions can't) and its
control of cookies is nicer, I also have flash normally off and enable
it only when I want to view something like youtube).

--
Ian