Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default The Scooter Store

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:55:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:21:25 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang

wrote:

Hi,

NB terminal means type of terminal w/o binding, clip on type.

All these typically use some number of batteries in series. The controllers and chargers are pretty common across a lot of these units. They tend to be 24, 36, or 48 volt set ups. Also similar to stuff found in electric golf carts. I agree about charging the batteries directly, you can charge the individual batteries one at a time. I would disconnect a lead before doing that.

I was thinking - Can't I remove the two supposedly dead batteries from

the chair and try charging them individually with my car 12V charger?

That would tell me whether they will hold a charge wouldn't it?

Wei

You don't have to remove them, just disconnect the positive leads.