Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21707 Ignoramus21707 is offline

Default Government Liquiddation web site

On 2014-06-26, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:33:02 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

Interesting site, in Chambersburg, PA they are selling 14 rough
terrian forklifts, 4 have less than 50 hours on them and most are
under 1000.

IF their hour meters haven't cycled. Sure it's not 100,050.0 hours?
Your example is a 1981, so that's 33 years to accrue that many hours.
Granted, lots of equipment was superfluous in the military, so it may
be actual hours.

All Army surplus. I have not way to move something like
that, I just want to replace my 5000# electric with a LP powered one.
Could you drag one on these things with a flat tire onto a lowboy with
a whinch? how big a winch? Just wondering?

It's possible. The caveats a ruining the tire (probably moot),
ruining the wheel (slight possibility), getting it hung up on the
lowboy on its way up, or puncturing a tire on the lowboy (depending on
its style).

The thing has a 46,500GVW, so that's 23-1/4 tons you're hauling up a
ramp. If it's not your lowboy, will the owner allow the drag on his
unit? I'd want a very large winch to haul that aboard. What is the
possibility of getting it running prior to loading? Take a battery or
two with you, pour in some fresh diesel, and drive 'er up.

Another possibility is to bring your helo over and use the lifting
instructions on the tag riveted to the machine.

Larry, do not be such a scaredy cat, everything will work out with
some ingenuity, wheels will roll, tire can probably be inflated, and
if not that's OK, lowboys do not puncture tires, and EPA goons are not
coming to execute you for that little oil dripping from our Toyota.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

G'luck with a low bid, Randy.