Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default The Scooter Store

Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:25:59 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

"Dean Hoffman " wrote:
On 6/26/14, 4:42 AM,
wrote:
I recently have learned of the closing of 'The Scooter Store',
stopping the sale of its battery-powered motorized chairs.
Wouldn't you know, we have one. And wouldn't you know, it has stopped
running. Seems the batteries will no longer take a charge from the
supplied charger, and probably are dead, needing replacement.

I have contacted a so-called 'Precision Repair Network' at
http://www.precisionrepairnetwork.co...on-status.html
in an attempt to get the chair repaired (batteries replaced), but even
though their response was positive, and they indicated they would get
back to me, they have not.

The dormant chair is no longer of any use to my handicapped wife of
course. Has anyone out there had similar trouble? Or maybe can
suggest something for me to do? Maybe I can change the two batteries
myself, if I could find a source? Anyone had any luck in that area?

Thanks for your time.

Wei

I wonder if primecell would be any help. They rebuild batteries.
There is also something called mto battery.
Hi,
Look at his email address, Is he in Taiwan? First we have find out
whether it is charging or battery problem.

Good catch! I confess this OP is a Mandarin-speaking US caucasian.
Full name Wei-Lien-Shi. How 'bout that?

Anyhow - I can't locate my manual for this power chair, but
examination of the tags/labels tells me it is a Pride Mobility
Products model TSS300 (actual model # AE244000 or A24030-9C).
Its motor is tagged 24UDC. The batteries seem to be labelled model
BATLIQ1017, and are 5"W X 7"L X 6"H . I assume they are 12V.

I have found what seems to be the cheapest battery at
http://www.amazon.com/Pride-TSS-300-.../dp/B009DKFSQY

Can you tell me what NB terminals are? My chair's battery posts are
90 degrees different that those in the pic. But the cables might be
long enuff.

And a possible charger at
http://www.amazon.com/ELEASMB5713-EL.../dp/B00H950SSI

But my charger might turn out to be okay, once I get good batteries.

Hsieh-hsieh (thanks)
Wei

謝謝?!
If I were you, I'd take the batteries out or disconnect the terminals
and try to charge them with another battery charger. What's the voltage
on them? Two batteries in series or parallel wired?

Hi,
NB terminal means type of terminal w/o binding, clip on type.