Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Government Liquiddation web site

On 2014-06-26, Randy333 wrote:
Interesting site, in Chambersburg, PA they are selling 14 rough
terrian forklifts, 4 have less than 50 hours on them and most are
under 1000. All Army surplus. I have not way to move something like
that, I just want to replace my 5000# electric with a LP powered one.
Could you drag one on these things with a flat tire onto a lowboy with
a whinch? how big a winch? Just wondering?

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

I move this kind of stuff all the time. It is not complicated. You can
drag them with a winch. Or with a truck. They might just start and
drive. (but check all fluids).

Note the height of this forklift and figure out how low should the
lowboy be to be under 13.5' total height. Alternatively you may just
want to remove the overhead guard on the cab.

The bidding has not yet started and such items rarely sell very
cheaply.

It is not a convenient forklift for general warehousing. It is very
heavy for how much it can lift. It is more like a mini-loader.

It's the kind I could use. My little 3k stand-up unit is great in the
shop, but I could really use a 10K or better rough terrain unit.