Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default O/T power cuts and 3 day week around the 1970s

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:15:35 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Huge wrote:

don't you have to be 65 to get a bus pass?
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-state-pension/y

For state pension, yes...but bus passes (scroll down a bit) are on a
sliding scale, following the female retirement age which is in the
middle of migration from 60 to 65.

Is female retirement age getting capped at 65 then? I Didn't think so.
They won't be giving me a bus pass or state pension until I'm 67.

Sorry, it was 65 to start with but they moved the goalposts again and I
forgot.

Transport act 2004 IIRC
My official 'work' retirement age is 67, as per the contract I signed in
1978...

--
bert