Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default LED Bulb Recommendation

Gary wrote:
Hi,

As mentioned in a previous post, we will replace some of the 85 halogen
bulbs (50W) in our house with LEDs. Despite all those bulbs the house is
seriously underlit. The standard 50W equivalent LEDs (4W) will not
likely cut it. We want to go to higher wattage or higher efficiency
bulbs. Electricity is very expensive here (Costa Rica) so the extra cost
of higher wattage or high efficiency bulbs will pay off. The bulbs will
need to survive the frequent power surges and the daily lightening storms.

Can some suggest some brands and specific bulbs that my wife can bring back from the U.S.?

Thanks,
Gary

Deja vu

You have 4200 watts of lamps. Outrageous. I would add new circuits. A room
does not have to be lit up, only the area you need to see. What kind of
socket ?

Greg