Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Some thoughts about telemetry, hijacking

On 6/25/2014 3:06 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Not sure what you mean either. This is a quote from the NTSB report:

The Asiana flight crew "over-relied on automated systems that they did

not fully understand," he said.

What I'm saying is that the thread is about Malaysian Air 370, which went missing not the Asiana flight that crashed at SFO. The post GuvBob replied
to was about MH370. If Asiana is what he's talking about, which he did
not say, it has nothing to do with 370 and I'm not a mind reader.

Crap, you may be right. I was reading about the Asiana flight and may
have added to the confusion.

The fundamental mistake would seem to be not paying attention to
the most basic flight rules, ie no one watching airspeed on approach.
Maybe it's more likely to happen if you set the autothrottle, but it's
no excuse.

Yes