Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Metal shingles

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 6/23/2014 10:50 AM, Guv Bob wrote:
Anyone have experience installing these? Without knowing anything
more than this, they sounds like a good alternative to tile.

These guys started making Al (or Cu but you need deep pockets for those)
"shakes" as a sideline to their sprinkler business to keep busy during
slower winter months.

I've not used them; considered them for the barn redo, but decided to
keep the original period-nature instead. They're quite a bit less than
most of the alternative "metal shingle" solutions I've seen; think
they're about $250/sq at the moment...

http://www.reinkeshakes.com/

Thanks, I like their comparison chart for various materials. Time frames look about right compared with this neighborhood - built in the early 60's. Several wood shake roofs like mine still around. Neighbor who replaced with asphalt about 15 years ago just replaced again this week -- seems odd to me but could be other issues with that one.