Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default O/T power cuts and 3 day week around the 1970s

In article , Nightjar
\cpb\@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 25/06/2014 20:15, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:

Huge wrote:

don't you have to be 65 to get a bus pass?
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-state-pension/y

For state pension, yes...but bus passes (scroll down a bit) are on a
sliding scale, following the female retirement age which is in the
middle of migration from 60 to 65.

Is female retirement age getting capped at 65 then? I Didn't think so.
They won't be giving me a bus pass or state pension until I'm 67.

There is no retirement age for males or females any more. It is
discriminatory to require employees to retire, unless there is a clearly
justifiable reason for setting a retirement age.

That isn't quite true. The State requires their employees to retire at
fixed ages, but those in private employement can work as long as they want.

What is changing is the state pension age (SPA). At present, female SPA
is being increased to 65, to come in line with the male SPA in 2018,
after which they will both increase together.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18