Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default railing for concrete steps

On 6/25/2014 2:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/25/2014 2:30 PM, Frank wrote:
Have a flight of 10 concrete steps in the back of the house where wife
wants a wrought iron railing. First call she made got a quote of
$100/foot or $1,000 installed for powder coated wrought iron. Seems
outrageous to me. Any ideas how to proceed? How hard would it be to
buy a rail and put it in myself?

We'd have to discuss, masonary versus hammer
drill bits. But after that, not too bad.

Thousand bucks sounds like a lot of money.
For that scratch, you could drive to Lowe's,
Home Depot, Ace, and your small town hardware,
and get some great advice. And some companies
that do this kind of thing.

I did make an HD trip but they had no advice and no stock rails.
Good idea to go to local Ace store as they are good on advice.
Rail is superfluous to me but wife's knees are shot and she wants it.

BTW one of the kids had given me a $25 gift card for HD and I bought a 3
C cell 230 lumen LED light with it ($24.97). Light has rubber bumpers
front and rear and will take a drop and keep working.