Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Some thoughts about telemetry, hijacking

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:50:43 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/25/2014 12:55 PM, trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:47:20 PM UTC-4, Guv Bob wrote:

"Robert Green" wrote in message ...

"trader_4" wrote in message news:e4aa3ac2-

stuff snipped

I think there is still a reasonable probability that they will

find debris doing the search. But I agree it's also possible that...

Just one more reason to go back to "training" and put primary control back in the hands of people and use automation and computer control as backup.

Not sure what that means. Primary control always has been

and continues to be in the hands of the pilots. And no evidence

from anything I've seen related to 370 that indicates that has anything

to do with whatever happened.

Not sure what you mean either. This is a quote from the NTSB report:

The Asiana flight crew "over-relied on automated systems that they did

not fully understand," he said.

What I'm saying is that the thread is about Malaysian Air 370, which went missing not the Asiana flight that crashed at SFO. The post GuvBob replied
to was about MH370. If Asiana is what he's talking about, which he did
not say, it has nothing to do with 370 and I'm not a mind reader.

The South Korea-based airline said the pilot and co-pilot reasonably

believed the automatic throttle would keep the plane flying fast enough

to land safely,

They assumed the throttle would be adjusted by automation, but that did

not happen. It the automation was not there to begin with, they would

have known to adjust as required.

Maybe, or they could have just as well have still flown it
into the ditch. When there is confusion in the cockpit
and no one is paying proper attention, that has happened
plenty of times too.

I was taught to keep the speed up on

approach on my first ever landing. These guys knew that too, but relied

on automation.

The fundamental mistake would seem to be not paying attention to
the most basic flight rules, ie no one watching airspeed on approach.
Maybe it's more likely to happen if you set the autothrottle, but it's
no excuse. And I can find you wrecks where if the plane was just
put on autopilot, or had the autothrottle engaged instead of the pilot
flying it into the ground, everything would have been fine too.