Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Some thoughts about telemetry, hijacking

On 6/25/2014 12:55 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:47:20 PM UTC-4, Guv Bob wrote:
"Robert Green" wrote in message ...

"trader_4" wrote in message news:e4aa3ac2-

stuff snipped

I think there is still a reasonable probability that they will

find debris doing the search. But I agree it's also possible that...

Just one more reason to go back to "training" and put primary control back in the hands of people and use automation and computer control as backup.

Not sure what that means. Primary control always has been
and continues to be in the hands of the pilots. And no evidence
from anything I've seen related to 370 that indicates that has anything
to do with whatever happened.

Not sure what you mean either. This is a quote from the NTSB report:
The Asiana flight crew "over-relied on automated systems that they did
not fully understand," he said.

The South Korea-based airline said the pilot and co-pilot reasonably
believed the automatic throttle would keep the plane flying fast enough
to land safely,

They assumed the throttle would be adjusted by automation, but that did
not happen. It the automation was not there to begin with, they would
have known to adjust as required. I was taught to keep the speed up on
approach on my first ever landing. These guys knew that too, but relied
on automation.