Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy333 Randy333 is offline

Default 4140

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:15:32 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:08:23 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:22:44 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Ignoramus20109" wrote in
message ...
i have some for sale 4140 bars

http://yabe.chudov.com/Steel-Blocks-...13824-0001.jpg

Without certs, it's scrap metal.

**** off .

PM is correct though. About the only time I can recall he was correct.

He would be correct should the specific job -require- certs, but for
anyone else and at any other time, it's not a problem. I think most
of us tend to overbuild, so unless a specific high performance is
absolutely required of the part, it's pretty much a moot point.

I've never needed a cert in 20 years of being in this business, but I
do not do any work for anything that drives or flys.

Never seen a cert at my last job either.

The metal suppliers I deal with all want extra cash for certs. I just
say no.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---