Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On 25/06/14 17:34, Adrian wrote:

That might be why you choose who to vote for, but if what you say is
true, then there would be a right of substitution for another party
member, since the individual is irrelevant. There isn't. Quite the
opposite - that individual _remains_ your MP/councillor, even if they
leave the party and join another or stay independent.

This is what sucked arse about the recent MEP elections.

I had to vote for a party. MPs are already a weasley bunch of ******* -
but at least, if you are voting for one personally, by name, you have
some moral right to take him to task.

With the MEPs I have no idea if any of them would be remotely interested
in listening to me. Stupid voting system. Single transferable vote would
have been better.