Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default How do I stop new toilet seat from slipping?

On 6/25/2014 11:44 AM, Mel wrote:
replying to trader-of-some-jacks, Mel wrote:
tradejack wrote:

I recently replaced a toilet seat in my house.
But the new one tends to slip a lot - VERY awkward to be sitting on
a slipping and shifting seat, obviously.
I'm pretty strong and have hand-tightened the bolts as much as I
think is reasonable, and the bottom line is that, subjected to the
forces of use, this seat continues to slide.
So I'm wondering if they make rubber washers or gaskets that fit
between the actual toilet fixture and the plastic parts that hold
the bolts - just something to take friction out of the equation.
And if not that, short of tightening the bolts more (they're as
hand-tight as I can get them) or getting a new toilet seat (seems
excessive), what else could be done to prevent the seat from slipping?

Try these...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BI...&robot_redir=1

I just use Lock-tite on the bolts.