Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Actual price/gallon for 12% Hasa Pool Chlorine (for SMS and theSilicon Valley)

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:35:56 AM UTC-4, DannyD. wrote:
trader_4 wrote, on Wed, 25 Jun 2014 02:51:25 -0700:

How many gallons?

40K

Four floaters? Hundreds of pounds a season?

Your season is longer,

but something isn't right here.

The sun is brutal here, so I both add isocyanuric acid

(CYA) powder (not granules) and use the floaters until

the CYA level gets around 60 to about 80 ppm, then I have

to pull the floaters, and use liquid chlorine from that

point onward, until I empty the pool again.

With 4 floaters, isn't the chlorine through the roof?
There is plenty of full sun here in summer in the NYC area
and with a 48,000 gallon pool, 1 floater loaded with
about 7 tabs keeps the chlorine at about 2 PPM. If you
have 4 floaters going, then you're going to be adding
CYA at 4X the typical rate, so I'm not surprised you
have an excess CYA problem. The question is why you
need so much chlorine? I've never seen a pool with
more than one floating dispenser, let alone four.