Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 15:36:53 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 24/06/14 15:02, whisky-dave wrote:

and that would mean what exactly.

Spoilt ballot = dissent

Now it also means a miskate if you vote for too many canditates your paper is spoilt.

Not going = dissent OR apathy OR some other reason.

Therefore (as I've said enough times before) spoling the ballot is a far
more useful way to "not vote" than not voting.

But still says nothing.
What do you think would change if there were 50% spoilt papers ?
Do you really think anyhting would change ?
Do you really think polititions would stop lying , or perhaps politics would be more transparnet.

Think what the news would be like if they had to announce 60% of voters
spoiled their papers?

Would it be that much differnt from 60% not turning up ?

If you spoil a paper you've not voted for anyone, same as not going.

Of course they'll tell you it makes a differnce but will they tell you what differnce. They might as well tell you it's secret.

At leat by not turning up they know you havent; voted, where as yuo could have voted for for any of them,

they could even add a vote for you once they find a spoilt paper.

With all due respect, ******** they could.

They could it's been done, you DO KNOW that every vote is recordeed it's not secret.

and means nothing. A spoilt paper can mean anyhting from someone ticking an extar box to someone wiping their arse on it.

It means everything. This is not a "hanging chad" scenario where a large
proportion of votes were "spoiled" due to a problematic voting process.

a spoilt vote mans nothing to those counting.
All you ever here about is worry low turnouts not people worrying about spoilt papers.

http://www.blankvote.org.uk/blank_votes_count.html

All votes, including blank and spoiled votes, are counted and announced in the results for each constituency on election night.

"Blank votes have traditionally been few in number because people have been unaware of the option. Instead, nearly 40% of registered voters have simply not voted. There has therefore been no media or political pressure to retain blank votes in the subsequent presentations of the results, or even to require all returning officers to separate blank from spoiled votes."

When has it been said and understood regarding blank voting.
Because we're not told that vit's a sperate option form a spoilt paper.

Very few spoiled papers will be accidental as even the thickest chav can
generally follow the big sign that says "put an X in the box".

Strange then that those worried by this don;t see it the way you do.
It's not quite as easy as you think.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...cemat-2011.pdf

So if you were vote counting and a tick appeared in a box would that indicate a spoilt vote (as I heard that ticks or crosses were both valid) or a counted one ?

What if your child puts an X in the box for you, as you might let a child ring the bell on a buss to get off ?

that is a
worthwhile option as it registers disapproval whilst taking away any
possible claim that you were too apathetic to be bothered.

That's what they want you to think.

Most vote for the opposition in any election rather than not going or spoiling teh paper which for most is seen a childish, it's like wiping a bogee on a door handle.

You might think it's childish. I'm not sure why. It has a specific
purpose in the absence of other options.

Drawing a penis on a voting paper is not childish ?
Writing micky mosue is not childish.
A friend once wrote "you're all a bunch of ****s".
I found that amusing not sure what that says about politics though.

Why can't they include "none of the above" is that so difficult ?
It's not like they'd have to change teh wording like they do with canditate names.