Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Tile saw

"Nolan W." wrote in message

Looking for suggestions, on purchasing a tile saw. The job is going to
be a one time deal, my shower area. Would you purchase something new,
used? Maybe rent?

Depending upon tile type and size, consider a score & snap cutter. They
work well and can be faster; they are definitely less messy and are
inexpensive...a good one can be had for less than $30. They do tend to
leave a sharp edge...a few rubs on a stone takes it off.

If you just have to have a tile saw, you are at $55-100 minimum for new.
For your use, one of the ones that looks like a mini table saw would work
just fine. For a one time need I'd be looking for a used saw, possibly the
aforementioned but more likely to find a sliding table one.

--

dadiOH