Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Opinions Wanted - Trestle Table

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 00:18:54 -0700 (PDT), "
Unless you want a tripping hazard, get the legs in under the table somewhat. You might get used to the legs sticking out from the perimeter of the top, but your guests won't. It will fool your eye to see the edge of the table, then not notice the legs sticking further out onto the floor. I think you should take a minute put into Sketchup and see how it looks in perspective, or even just draw it out. I don't recall seeing tables that have legs that extend beyond the top, but surely someone here can Google one up for the sake of argument.

I agree with you on the legs. The perspectives are all wrong with the
legs sticking out. The garden trestle table I built has the legs
proportionate with the table top and it looks good.