Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On 25/06/14 08:33, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:19:27 +0100, Bod wrote:

The very few call centre experiences that I've had, although they were
polite, I had great difficulty in understanding the broken English from
the Asian sounding voices. I also found one Scottish chap to be
impossible to understand.

So you're just not very good at understanding people with accents.

And that, apparently, is their fault.

Yes. specifically it is the fault of the company who decided to
outsource that function.

In China, very few people can understand cross province accents and
dialects, so everyone (who is educated) will be able to speak two forms
of chinese - the local dialect (which may be nothing more than a heavy
accent, or it could be significantly different) - and standard Beijing
mandarin (though Beijing does also have a local accent too IIRC).