Posted to alt.home.repair
Paula Paula is offline

Default Leslie-Locke attic ventilator

replying to chalupa, Paula wrote:
chalupa.1u949n wrote:

FYI, I did find this Master Flow replacement motor at Home Depot online
for $41.95...

http://imagex.homedepot.com/f/248/13...s/161623_3.jpg

A direct link didn't work but you can go to homedepot.com and search
for Master Flow.
I note that this same replacement motor is used for ALL of the Master
Flow attic fans that Home Depot carries -- both roof and gable mounted.
Interestingly, these fans have different diameter and CFM airflow
ratings. So perhaps the RPM on these things is fairly standard... i.e.
I can slap that puppy on my fan and life will be good? From the photo
the motor mounting looks the same as my Leslie Locke.
Or perhaps I'd be better buying a complete unit and cannibalizing the
motor and fan to keep them matched? (I'd rather not replace everything
because I don't want to mess with the roof shingles.)

If you measure the diameter, it is probably 5", you can search for a
replacement by that on Fasco's website. At least that is what I did.
They are grouped by the diameter