Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Dealing with Ins Co When Vehicle Is Totaled

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:12:16 -0700 (PDT), Nicholas Kriho
wrote:

On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:50:27 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

I want to know how cars wind up at the

junk yard with "all the air bags blown and virtually no body or

drivetrain damage". EMP from nuke sets off the airbags?

HAH!

Note - I said "virtually" no body damage. I've seen air bags deplyed
from hitting a parking curb - minor sub-frame damage. Replace the
sub-frame and all that's left is air bag damage. And the subframe
wasn't damaged enough to cause a safety issue or to affect setting
alignment. Also seen quite a few where only the bumper was damaged. No
sheet metal or structural damage, but blew out the windsheild,
destroyed the dash, damaged the headliner and other interior trim. Car
written off with less than 100,00km on the clock