Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default UKIP supporters

Tim Watts wrote

No, just mass temporary migration.

Anyway, this has been a useful discussion because I have finally clarified
to myself what I don't like about the EU:

"Mass temporary migration".

And I have no shame in saying that - I believe it is a destructive force
on our local (UK) economy.

But its fine when british do it in places like the Middle East, eh ?

It's good for other people's economies and I begrudge noone for personally
making good on the opportunity - but I would rather our government put a
stop to it.

If they did, you'd see other countries doing that to the british who do
that.

There's a reason other desirable countries (eg Australia, New Zealand,
Canada) encourage immigration, but do so in a tightly controlled manner.

And the EU does the same thing, but not between countries that are part of
the EU.

If you think open borders are a good idea,

He didnt say that.

why not go the whole hog and let everyone from China and everywhere else
have a go here.