Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default O/T power cuts and 3 day week around the 1970s

On 24/06/2014 11:43, Mick IOW wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone remind me about the power cuts in the 1970s please?

Did the power cuts begin in September 1972 ?
Were they They3 hours on & 3 hours off ?

Then the 3 day week began in January in 1974 ?

I live on the Isle of Wight, but they were all over the UK I think?

Mick.

I was at a boarding school. On power cut evenings, we would have a film
projected in the main school hall. Of course, that needed power.

A *very* long extension lead from the headmaster's house with a variable
transformer to tweak the voltage back up.

--
Rod